The Diabetes Education Team can provide the knowledge, skills and support that people need to live well with diabetes.
The Diabetes Education Team offers individual and group diabetes education for:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Support in managing your diabetes
- Managing Diabetes Medication
- Gestational Diabetes Education
- Nutrition Education (May include: label reading, portion control, and how to eat healthy on a budget)
- Meal Planning
- Foot Care Education and Examinations
- Community Clinic
- Community Kitchen
- Grocery Store Tours
Diabetes Education Community Clinics
The Diabetes Education Team will be coming to each community, to provide appointments to clients who are living with Diabetes. Each community will have a specific date set every three months, in addition to team members providing follow up appointments and teaching, more frequently as required.
Book an appointment by phoning the Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre (807)-274-3131 or CHR/referral clerk.